Project: Dents Gloves, Warminster
Location: Fairfield Road, Warminster
Client: Henry Boot Developments Ltd
Having been in the same location in the centre of Warminster since 1920, Dents Gloves were beginning to need more space to grow.
The prestigious company, which has been manufacturing leather gloves since 1777, has a long connection with the royal family and a Royal Warrant of Appointment to HRH The Prince of Wales for the manufacture of gloves; a smooth relocation was of great importance.
TC were appointed Employer’s Agent and Quantity Surveyor by Henry Boot Developments Ltd. (HBD), on both the build of the new factory and the subsequent demolition of the old factory and new build Waitrose store in its place.
Double the challenge
Before demolishing the old glove factory, TC needed to build a bespoke new factory that met 21st century regulations. To make room for Waitrose, they then had to sensitively decant and demolish the old glove factory to build a high spec retail-store.
It was a complex project with the type of challenges we at TC thrives working on.
The successful design and delivery team comprised TC Consult, Boyes Rees Architects, Shear Design, RPS, Baker Associates, Butler & Young and Jehu Project Services.
Supporting development, maintaining heritage
TC were pleased to secure a fixed price design and build contract sum in line with our pre-tender estimate.
The new premises were officially opened by the Princess Royal who flew in for the occasion to unveil a plaque and tour various departments within the 48,000 sq ft facility.
After the visit Dents’ Director Deborah Moore said: “She met so many staff and they spoke to her, it was lovely, and the building now really does feel like it’s opened.”